Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's been a while, Obviously

Oh, how my life has changed since I last posted in Dec of 2004.

Carrie and I have bought a house. Carrie had back surgery, and I got laid of from my job, all in that order, and in about a months time. And I got laid off about a month and a half after I went to my boss, asking since I have all of these large, long term financial obligation coming up, if I had anything to worry about. I'll let you guess what his answer was.

I has the good fortune to go to Indianapolis twice to see the United States Grand Prix. If you follow Formula 1 racing you may remember that last years race only saw 6 of the 20 cars start and finish the race due to some political bickering between the teams and the series owner. Well this year only 9 cars finished, but at least all 22 cars started. It was an action packed race. But let me tell you, sitting in 95 degree (F) heat with moderately high humidity on aluminum bleachers with 20,000 of our closest friends wasn't fun.

Carrie and I were there for the whole 4 days of events including the Pit walkthrough. They allow anyone who has a raceday ticket to come into the pits while the teams are setting up on Thursday. It was awsome. And I'll try and get some pics posted in the near future.

I have also gotten a new job. I'm now working for a university, which is cool because I get free tuition. So I have also started back to school. This time it's for my MBA. It will be challenging though. It's only part time, all evenings. So it will be 2 nites a week for over three years. The hardest part will be adjusting to the time commitments. It's been 14 years since I last took classes, and I have gotten used to working only a 9-5 job. Oh well, it should be a good investment in our futures.

later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home