Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sick of this crap

I can't wait until maybe the middle of next year. Maybe by then all of the election crap will have calmed down. Of course just after the election there will be the standard challenges to the voting results (they miss counted in this county, or didn't even count these votes in this state) or may even (They didn't even allow these people to vote). Don't get me wrong, I thing anyone who wishes to vote, should have their vote counted. But I bet that both of the candidates’ advisors are drafting challenges, in case they don't win.

Then after the winner takes office, there will be the claims that they didn't even win by a majority of the vote (even though they got more votes than the other guy), which it appears will be the case. Then after a month or so, the partisan politics will really start to kick in, by not confirming appointments and the such.

I'm not saying that by mid year, the crap will have ended, but we should be numb to it by then.

Why am I ranting now? Well I watched the presidential debate last nite. It was the only one that I watched almost in its entirety. I'm just getting sick of the same old crap.

I Have a Plan.......
We've been working hard.......
My opponent wants to raise taxes

I feel as if I could have answered most of the questions from last nites debate, as well as the candidates did.

I believe that the US is the greatest country out there, but there are things that need to be fixed. Just two examples, Health Care and Social Security. One of the candidates said that every American deserves the same health care that members of congress gets. I think a better solution would be to kick members of congress off their cushy plan, and put them on the same plan the Medicare covers. Also I hear that members of congress essentially receiver their same pay, even after they leave. I think they should only receiver the same thing that seniors get when on Social Security, and only if they meet the age requirements.

Now, I have not verified these facts, so let me know if they are not true. But I think we should end the entitlements in the congress. Maybe then, members would have some motivation to actually fix things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home